[MILESTONE PROJECTS]

As our final weeks come to an end we get to take a trip down memory lane and see what we've accomplished this semester. So without further adieu let us begin.




[Objectified Response] “At the end of the day your going to pick something that matters to you”



As our first project this was something that really got me excited about what I could create. I remember struggling a lot coming up with what I wanted to create with the sheer amount of range we were given from this project but in the end I came out with such a cool replica of one of my favorite objects. This project took me a think something like 5 hours of work to do and it really flew by after I started and got really into it. 






Looking at this again I’m really proud of what I came up with and I think that really shows how excited I was in my previous blog post of this assignment. The simplified shapes and no textures in tinkercad may lead you to believe that creating something that looks like the real deal isn’t possible but it totally is! I think I am most proud of how I paid close attention to small details of my object that really pushed this model to feel more life-like. 



[Mesh Mashup] First rule of fight club….


The project was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I remember creating my 10 remixes and seeing everyone else’s and being a little embarrassed I hadn’t come up with things nearly as good as everyone else. But with every down comes an up. A lot of people seemed to really like my Dino mashup, which was my personal fav, and so I decided to go with that and see if I could make something great. The translation into mesh mixer was a little difficult, emphasis on little, because tinkercad was just so much simpler. I remember having issues with the coloring and that frustrated me but everything I learned from meshmixer really helped me when we translated into rhino. Rhino was super fun to play in and rendering always came out really cool. I had to come up with unique ways to solve problems like the pattern of my world map on my boxing ring. In meshmixer I drew this one with a brush but Rhino didn't have that function and importing photos to map to an object wasn’t working properly. So here I had to basically redo my boxing ring making my coloring of the continents a separate shell. Then when I transferred it into Rhino I could color It differently and create the same effect I had in the mesh mixer.







Ultimately this project was something that really tested my ability to learn new programs in a short period of time. This project was a lot of fun and while I remember being a little stressed over render times overall things went smoothly and ended really well for me. Looking at the final creation next to the beginning it really baffles me that these were all created with the same models, just different programs.




[Papercraft Object] Looking Cool Joker!


This was probably my favorite project. It also probably caused me the most pain. This project was super fun and when coming up with what to do for it I was so stumped. Creating something that meant something to me out of paper was gonna take a lot of thinking. And then it didn’t. Coming up with the idea to do the mask came from my favorite character from the p5 series, Goro Akechi, who had possibly one of the most difficult masks to make. Ultimately I had to go with my second favorite, Joker, but with his really simple mask I thought I might have reached a dead end. Coming up with the Dagger and Mask combo was a lot of work, the scoring and cutting especially in the prototype stage made my finger hurt so bad. Especially with my mess up with the documentation of the first part of this project I definitely had a few stress meltdowns over this project. But I loved the final product. Having something tangible that I can hold in my hands is always so rewarding and so having a project I not only made through a program but translated into something physical I could hold was amazing.




If I could go back in time I would have properly documented its creation in the first prototype. That would have saved me a lot of crying from arguably one of my more stupider mistakes but in the end I was able to put together some compensation and learn something important from the whole process in general. I love being able to look at this project in every stage it has because it makes me so proud of the changes it went through to get to its final stage.




[Hybrid Object(Models and 3D Print)] Hooray for teamwork!


When this project was announced I remember being really nervous for the group aspect. I’m kind of a difficult person to work with in that I usually take charge and kind of push for people to get things done fast and well. Which may sound good in practice but in reality can cause tension and overall end in a not great time. With the workload at AUARTS I knew for a fact I might be too pushy in asking for things to be done asap and I definitely didn’t want to stress my group mates out if they were only able to work on this project later in the week than I wanted. But I was wrong and things worked out better than I expected. With my two group mates we were able to brainstorm some good ideas and ultimately come up with something that incorporated the objects we came up with. We had a good level of communication especially since we had an immediate way to contact one another so we were all able to get in touch and divide up the project well. With this being a group project it also felt really good to be able to rely on teammates who I know would be putting their best foot forward.


http://  http://






The design we came up with was I think a good mesh of all our ideas and was unique in that it could be serrated from the original designs as its own but still trace back in the ruminant aspects we pulled to create it. 






Final Reflection


As a final homage to this class this is my final reflection. I really enjoyed this class. I picked this class as a last minute option when it looked like I wasn’t going to be able to get into color fundamentals. I remember feeling scared I was going to be struggling and frustrated in this class, oh how I wish I could go back and tell myself not to worry. This was probably one of my favorite classes, the stuff we learned was really interesting and completely different from the field of art I usually create and it wasn’t the most difficult to understand. The things I struggled with were things everyone was bound to have difficulty learning and when I was something unique to me I was able to ask as many questions as I needed. The class was always so inviting and I really felt a sense of community through each class. I really think this was all because of our Prof Bryan. He was incredibly interested in the things he taught and was welcome to helping students no matter how they were struggling. The classes despite being a Friday evening class always got me excited to be there. I would recommend this class to anyone who is interested in this field but also for those wanting to broaden their scope of art creation and are looking for a great professor to get them interested in such a new avenue.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Mesh Mashup] Extravaganza

[Objectified Response]

[Papercraft Objects: Printed Templates]