[Mesh Mashup: Selection and Refinement]

 


The Dinosaurs are Fighting Back!

How was class feedback?

  Going through the class discussion was actually really helpful to my process and helping me advance my ability in not only receiving but giving good critiques. With the environment we set up I felt good about discussing my works without feeling the need to defend our personal choices. That being said I was still able to receive any criticism leveled against my choices and took them into consideration when deciding what to ultimately go with for my refinement. While I got constructive feedback on most of my pieces the most positive response was to my piece ‘the dinosaurs are fighting back’. While it was ultimately my decision on what I did I thought the dinosaur piece was one of my better ideas and was glad that others were responding well to it. 


    Going through some of the critique leveled against my pieces I’ll focus on the piece I chose. The dinosaur's feedback was really helpful, overall people seemed to want some smaller changes such as bigger scaling on the asteroid in order to emphasize the magnitude of it. Another advice given to me was to add more color and texture to the piece as we moved into a more advanced software. A smaller detail that I totally overlooked in my original creation was adding some bodying gloves to my T-Rex in order to give him a better chance in that ring! Finally someone pointed out that having more dynamic shots would elevate the final look of the piece, which I 100% agree with. Overall I tried to take all the advice I was given and incorporate it into my piece, I wanted to do this because I thought it would really help add to my design. Adding the advice I was given, in my eyes, could only amplify the piece. Everyone here is an artist and while it’s my final say I liked the idea of having a little piece of everyone’s choices mixed in.






How does this relate to remix culture?

 When I was creating Ideas for mesh mashup I tried to do several different types of mashups. This included connection to personal life, name mashups, narratives and random bunching to see what I could create. My dinosaur idea follows closest to mashup. I decided to take two separate things and mash them together to get a new form. Using the existing age old story of the death of the dinosaurs and the idea of an equal fight I came up with something to put the dinosaurs on an equal playing field to the asteroid. At least let them have a chance right? This mashup idea sorta came to me as a narrative/random bunching.  In a funny sense my final project became even more of a mashup when I decided to incorporate others ideas. Not only had I used others' models to create something of my own, I added the ideas of my classmates to make the ultimate mashup. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Mesh Mashup] Extravaganza

[Objectified Response]

[Papercraft Objects: Printed Templates]